Midnight Quilt Mania

Friday, February 27, 2009

Thoughts turn to Spring



Ever since the PTI blog hop challenge to make cards that remind you of Spring, all I want to do is make flower cards! I need to work on some Easter projects and invitations for my DD's birthday party but instead I have 2 flower cards to share with you today. I used PTI's new Retro backgrounds dashed lines, which I stamped in Versamark on the Ripe Avocado layer. I really like this stamp, it gives things such a cute hand stitched look. Next I inked up a lovely Lilac stamp from the SU! set Flower Garden. I don't use this set often enough. After stamping the Lilac I masked it off with some Eclipse tape and stamped over it with French Script in Frayed Burlap distress ink and then the Linen background in Old Paper ink. I colored the Lilac with various copic markers and then swiped lightly over the whole panel again with Old Paper to give it an aged look. The paper started out white but you'd never know. I pierced around the outer label and added some sparkle to the flowers with my Spica glitter pen.



Supplies: Stamps: SU! Flower Garden, French Script and Linen. PTI Retro Backgrounds and Mixed Messages. Ink: Palette Noir, Versamark, Ripe Avocado, Frayed Burlap, Old Paper. Paper: PTI White, Ripe Avocado and Plum Pudding, PTI Bitty Dots dp. Accessories: markers, Spica glitter pen, Liquid Pearls, Nestablities, border punch, ribbon, button, slot punch.

I used my new set of Labels One Nestabilities dies to cut the Lilac panel and a larger layer from PTI's Plum Pudding cardstock. Both cards are very similar, with only a few changes in details. I might make another one still, I really loved these cards. One thing I realized is that I definitely have to order more of PTI's Ripe Avocado and Plum Pudding paper. I got it in the pack of assorted cardstock they released this month and I must get more!

Thanks for stopping by, have a great weekend!
Kim

1 comment:

Babies-Beth said...

Kim, these lilac cards are beautiful! The colors are just perfect with the lilac- and yes, Ripe Avocado is a go to color of mine, too!!