Midnight Quilt Mania

Sunday, February 22, 2009

It's VSN weekend!

I was excited, let me tell you. I took Friday off work and I was looking forward to a nice weekend with lots of stamping. My DH was going to take the DD all afternoon Saturday so I could stamp. And don't you know that Friday I came down with a bad cold and I felt like absolute dirt all day yesterday. :( Today I felt better and got 2 challenge cards done. I will do some more later today but they won't count toward the "official" VSN weekend. Still it's fun to play and it gives me some cards for my stash.

My first card was hard. I shouldn't have started with this challenge first. It was to make a card using a stamp you don't like. I chose Fishy Friends. I don't know what it is but I just can't get myself to make cards with this set. I don't know what to do with it and I wish they would have included some sentiments. Anyway, I stamped the Fish and Crab and colored over them with a VersaMarker and embossed with clear ep. Then I stamped some seaweed using various foliage stamps and some rocks, which I also embossed over in clear. I sponged and brayered on some color that I hoped was "ocean-y" looking. Now what colors to use for the card? Keeping with the theme I decided to use Glorious Green, which is one of the colors I absolutely detest but it matched my ocean color. I also used Yo Yo Yellow (or Yuck Yuck Yellow) to layer on the image panel. I added a strip of Tempting Turquoise and then piled on some dew drops for bubbles. The green card front was also embossed using a cuttlebug plate. In the end I don't hate it but I just don't like Glorious Green. I may have to use that crab stamp again though, he's pretty cute.

Supplies: Stamps: SU! PTI, Judith, Art Impressions, sTamp It and Print Works. Cardstock: Glrious Green, Yo Yo Yellow, Tempting Turquoise, White. Ink: Palette Noir, Jardin Moss and N ew Leaf, Marvy Pale Green and Salvia Blue. Accessories: alcohol markers, versamarker, clear ep, dew drops, cuttlebug, corner rounder.

The next challenge was to use New Loves, meaning new things within the last 2 months we love. I just got a big ol' box of PTI supplies last week and had some new stamps last month as well so I decided to use those. This was easier of course because I love all my new goodies! The vine and flowers and from their new set With Sympathy and the sentiment is from Wedding Day. I'm finding lots of uses for Wedding Day already. It's a great set for Anniversaries, Valentine's Day, just because and also has some nice general sentiments like this "Many Thanks" stamp. I also love this new vine from With Sympathy.
Link
Supplies: Stamps: PTI With Sympathy, Wedding Day. Cardstock: PTI White, Ripe Avocado, Plum PuddinLinkg and Bitty Dots dp. Ink: Ripe Avocado, Sweet Blush. Accessories: Nestablitieis, punches, ribbon.

I'll be back later this week with some things for the PTI Blog Hop. See you then!

No comments: