Midnight Quilt Mania

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

All Boxed up for MIL

I recently bought my very first Timeless Template designed by Lauren Meader from PTI. I love creating these little note card ensembles. I've already made another one for a friend that I will share later but the very first one I made is this one for my MIL. I just wanted a nice little gift to say "thank you" for all the nice things she does for our family.


Supplies: Stamps by PTI - Wedding Day, Simple Alphabet, Fresh Alphabet, Borders and Corners Rectangle. Ink: Palette Noir. CS: PTI White, Black and SU! Cool Caribbean, plus PTI black and white dp. Accessories: adhesive sheet, CD tin, scallop circle punch, copic marker, gift bag

I went with Black and White since it's a color combination she likes to wear and it's timeless (no pun intended :)). I added just a little bit of Cool Caribbean for an accent color. The CD tin holds the matching envelope seals (pictured laying in front of the tin), which were stamped on an adhesive sheet and then punched. Below is another picture showing the gift bag that I put it all in. I was so tickled that I had a gift bag to coordinate. It had red ribbon handles, which I cut off and then I added this aqua ribbon from my stash. {sigh} I love it when things unexpectedly come together like this! :) I'd like to say I had it all planned from the start but the gift bag was a stroke of luck!



And if you can stand two more pictures, here's one of the side of the box and the interior. I hope you enjoy the project. Do try out one of Lauren's templates. They are fun! I just bought several more that I can't wait to try.

















Have a great one!
Kim

No comments: