Midnight Quilt Mania

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

One more day to Blog Hop!

Before PTI Blog Hop tomorrow night, I wanted to share a little stationery project I made for a friend. I apologize if the photo is a little dark. I don't have a light tent (but am thinking about one) and for larger projects like this I have to use my kitchen counter, which is not ideal. :)

I used Lauren Meader's All Boxed Up Timeless Template (found at PTI) to make the box that holds the set of cards, envelopes and envelope seals (in the little glassine bag). I chose a nice spring-y color combination and kept the card clean and simple. I don't like to add too much bling and bulk to cards I'm giving away as gift sets so the recipient doesn't have to use extra postage to mail them or worry about ribbons and buttons not going through postal machines. I was tickled to find that the dotted leaf stamp from Beautiful Blooms coordinates really well with one of the rectangles from Borders & Corners Rectangle. That makes me so happy when things just work out that way! I added some score lines with my trusty Scor-Pal to set off the border of blooms and leaves on the bottom. I think it's pretty self-explanatory so I won't go into more details. I hope you like it!

Supplies: Stamps: All stamps are by PTI. Fresh Alphabet, Simple Alphabet, Beautiful Blooms, Borders & Corners Rectangles, Holiday Tag Collection and Faux Ribbon. Ink: SU! Regal Rose and Palette Landscape. Paper: PTI White, SU! Regal Rose and Old Olive. Accessories: ribbon, cuttlebug, Scor-Pal, My Timeless Template (All Boxed Up).
Link

No comments: