Midnight Quilt Mania

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Happily Ever After....


Recently my husband and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary. I am a very lucky woman to have found such a fabulous man I am proud to call my husband and my best friend, not to mention THE best Dad to our little girl! We have been a part of each other's lives for 20 years now and I can't imagine my life without him! I actually made him 2 cards for our special day. I momentarily considered making him 1 card for every year we've been married but I got started way too late to come up with 9 cards. This is one of the cards and I used many beautiful Papertrey Ink stamp sets ( Heart Prints, Wedding Day, Vintage Labels and Retro Backgrounds) to get the look I wanted. The heart was stamped and punched out 3 big hearts and 1 little heart and then adhered only in the center and then fanned out to make it dimensional. (I should have taken a photo from the side so you could see the layers better. Sorry!)

Our anniversary was on a weekday this year and unfortunately I had to travel out of town that day for work. I flew to Detroit but as luck would have it, while I was en route the event I was traveling for was cancelled. I found out when I was in my taxi on the way to the hotel. I was NOT too happy about that, let me tell you! But there is a silver lining in every cloud and I was able to get a quick return flight back home. I arrived home around 9:00, just about the time I usually call and check in if I'm on the road, but this time I was calling from the front porch! ;) I was talking to my hubby like I was still on the road but then I rang the doorbell and boy did he get a surprise! I'm so glad we got to spend our anniversary together after all. :)

I hope you enjoy my card today. Supplies are listed below. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. Stop back by soon. I have another anniversary card and several Halloween cards to share in the coming days.

Go and hug your special someone!

Supplies - All by Papertrey Ink unless noted: Stamps - Wedding Day, Retro Backgrounds, Vintage Labels, Heart Prints; Cardstock - Kraft, Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush, White; Ink - Vintage Cream, Pure Poppy. Accessories - Pure Poppy ribbon, vintage twine and button, border punch by Fiskars, Nestabilities Labels 1.

1 comment:

Aimes said...

Aww what a lovely surprise for your husband! Hope you had a super anniversary - this is a lovely card you've made, I really like the dimension of it!
Aimes
x