Midnight Quilt Mania

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Ghouls and Goblins Time!


I just love Halloween! To me this holiday is pure FUN! Lots of fun decorations, candy to eat, cute costumes, and no juggling which family to visit when, etc. :) Every year we get a few more decorations. My DH loves to do up the outside of the house. That's his "thing". He could really care less about the inside decorations. Honestly, with a 2 and 1/2 year old in the house we don't do a lot of "decorating" right now, unless you count the assortment of toys all over the carpet. LOL! This weekend we started putting out the Halloween decorations and I even came up with a few displays indoors in places where little hands can't reach.

Tonight I'm sharing with you a card made with the new Papertrey Ink Halloween Tags set. It has so many wonderful images in it and I am just beginning to explore all of the possibilities.
This card is my favorite of the ones I've made I think.

I started with an orange card base and layered on some cute K&Co paper that I"ve been hoarding since last year. I keep meaning to do more of this layering with all of the paper I've accumulated but it is so much fun to create my own backgrounds with PTI stamps that I usually forget. :) Any way, after I put on the dp I layered several scalloped circles cut out with my Nestabilities and then the Black cat image was stamped in Black on Spring Moss. For a little "bling" I used my quickie glue pen on the cat and then doused him with some Doodlebug black glitter. It's so sparkly! I added some lovely Black dotted ribbon and Plum Pudding button from Papertrey. I felt that the bottom of the card needed something so I used this fun new border punch from Martha Stewart. It's a little graveyard. How spooky! Then I framed a sentiment from the Halloween Tags set and colored my hodgepodge hardware Black by using a Copic marker. Those markers a da bomb! Held the hardware in place with some rhinestone brads and I'm done!

Supplies: All supplies by PTI unless otherwise noted.
Stamps: Halloween Tags 2009. Ink: Palette Noir. Cardstock: Orange Zest, Smoky Shadow, Spring Moss, Plum Pudding bitty box paper and pumpkin paper by K&Co. Accessories: Martha Stewart graveyard border punch, hardware (SU!), rhinestone brads (stash) and Vintage button in Plum Pudding and polka dot ribbon.