Midnight Quilt Mania

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Easter!

Sorry I've been away - things have been so hectic! Last weekend we had a birthday party for our little girl who turned 2 on Thursday. She had a ball and that was the goal so the party was a success! Mom and Dad were wiped out after an afternoon with a room full of toddlers, family and friends. So I haven't done a ton of stamping but I did do a little. Today I want to share with you the card I made for her birthday.

I started out to do Dawn McVey's color challenge using pink, berry, red and kraft but as you can see, I did not stick to the plan. Typical of me! I used flowers from PTI's With Sympathy set to create the field of flowers and a butterfly from Wedding Day and the sentiment is from Wishing You. The fairy princess is from SU! I believe. I'm not sure because I got her as a WishRAK from the forum over on SCS. I added some puffy clouds using a cloud template that I 've had for ever and I stamped some of the flowers again randomly in Fresh Snow on the vertical strip down the side. For a little bling I used my Spica glitter pens on the crown, the wand and added some all over shimmer to her dress. Finally I added some little pink gems to the crown. I think Izzy liked her card - it was all I could do to keep her from tearing the princess off the front to carry it around with her. LOL!

I have a couple more cards to share that I will try to get posted this weekend. Now, if I can stay awake, I'm going to my craft room and try to create something for the PTI Guest Star Stamper challenge and I have to stay up and wait for the Easter Bunny to bring Izzy's basket. ;)

Happy Easter!

Supplies: Ink: VersaColor Baby Blue, PTI Fresh Snow, Plum Pudding, New Leaf, Sweet Blush, Melon Berry and Hibiscus Burst. Cardstock: PTI Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Bitty Dots paper, White. Stamps: PTI With Sympathy, Wedding Day, Wishing You and SU! Accessories: Nestabilities, Copic Markers and Spica glitter pens, button, and gems.

No comments: