Midnight Quilt Mania

Sunday, April 12, 2009

GSS April Submissions




I just posted my submissions for this month's Guest Stamp Stamper competition over at PaperTrey Ink. I made several backgrounds when I got my new Guidelines 2 set and tonight I finally sat down and made a couple of cards. It is nice to have a head start by having the stack of background paper ready to go. The look and feel of both of these cards is very different. One is sort of masculine and earthy while the other is completely girly and uses one of my favorite color combinations - Pink and Green, with a little purple thrown in. I hope you enjoy these. I can't wait to see the other submissions!

Here's the earthy one. I used Melon Berry, Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist and Chocolate Chip ink on the Guidelines 2 background panel. For the image panel I chose Lisa Johnson's new set "Life" and stamped one of the foliage images in Antique Linen. The sentiment was stamped in Frayed Burlap and Melon Berry. While the panel was still in the Nestabilities die I sponged some Aqua Mist ink around the edges to highlight the panel.



Now for something girly!
I just love Wise Owl! Instead of coloring my owls in a realistic color scheme, this time I decided I should have a pink spotted owl to match my Guidelines 2 background. I stamped the owl body and the belly on two different colors of PTI's bitty dots paper and stamped the beak on Plum Pudding. The tree limb is from the set Out on a Limb. For the center of the pink circles on the background I used one of the dots from Polka Dot basics. The button is the new color Hibiscus Burst. I really am getting quite obsessed with PTI's buttons. I don't think I've made a card in weeks that didn't have a button on it! LOL!!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Lovely cards! I love the Life set and have to get it soon. A friend came over and let me use her set and my need for it grew tremendously!