Midnight Quilt Mania

Thursday, January 28, 2010

In Love


I am in love----with making Valentine cards! I am really enjoying all of my Valentine stamps right now. I thought I would post photos of the cards I made for the Papertrey Valentine swap and one other card. I can share my swap cards since I know they were both received by Janelle and Tammy.

Card #1:

I recently purchased some Moda fabric and realized that the colors are a near perfect match for Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush!!! I had to incorporate this fabric into some of my cards. Here I used 1/2 of a Charm Square and stitched it to my card and embellished with a little paper heart. I love the look of fabric on cards and plan to do a lot more of this in the future.


Card #2:

This card uses the box image from Text Boxed, which I only recently purchased. I masked off the box and filled it with images from Simple Valentine and polka dots. I also incorporated some more Moda fabric. I used my Yo-Yo template to make the little flower and embellished it with Papertrey vintage buttons. Making these little yo-yos is super easy and makes a fun embellishment for your cards. I also saw a template for a heart shape that I might have to try out. I also remembered that my sewing machine has some decorative heart stitches so I added that to the bottom of the card and set it off with red glitter strips above and below.

Finally, here is a super quick card that I made that has no stamping!!!


I must have been channeling Mish Wooderson on my last trip to the scrapbook store because I also found this gorgeous Making Memories paper and thought it would make some great quick and easy cards. It is almost too pretty to cut into! I added some stitching around the blocks and a few embellishments and it's done. If you're short on time for making cards I recommend looking for some patterned paper to cut up and use. This would also be a great way to make multiple cards if you needed a bunch of Valentine cards for your child's school class.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a fantastic weekend.
Kim

Supplies: All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless noted
Card #1: Stamps: Tiny Treats: Valentine, Polka Dots Basics II. Cardstock: Berry Sorbet, Vintage Cream, Sweet Blush. Ink: Vintage Cream, Tea Dye Duo, Dark Chocolate, Sweet Blush. Accessories: Nestabilities, scallop heart punch (Marvy), Vintage buttons, Vintage Cream ribbon, Sweet blush ribbon, border punch (EK Success), Fabric (Moda), Stickles, Vintage book print.

Card #2: Stamps: Text Boxed, Simple Valentine, Polka Dot Basics, Friends till the End. Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Kraft, Sweet Blush, Bitty Dot paper. Ink: Pure Poppy, Sweet Blush. Accessories: Vintage buttons, Pure Poppy twill, Scor-Tape, glitter (Art Institute), Brad (Making Memories), Stitching, fabric (Moda).

Card #3: Ink: Vintage Tea Dye Duo, Vintage Cream for distressing. Cardstock: Vintage Cream, Hibiscus Burst, Close to Cocoa (SU!), decorative paper (Making Memories). Accessories: stitching, vintage buttons and twin (Papertrey Ink), rhinestone (Kaiser Krafts), rhinestone heart brad (Making Memories).



9 comments:

Deb C said...

Wow, three cards in one post and they are all beautiful. I love the fabric and the stitching.

You've convinced me that a new sewing machine is the very next thing on my list to purchase.

TFS!

Unknown said...

Love your cards!! beautiful..stampin is flawless..!

BethieJ said...

I LOVE all 3 cards they are FABULOUS!! (I just bought that paper at the scrappy store too!!)
Have a GREAT day!

Elizabeth S. said...

Your cards are so fantastic!!

Terri said...

Nice job on all of them. I especially like the quilted look of the third on though!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love ALL of these! Really love the fabric and layered paper hearts on the that first one!

Heidi said...

I love all three cards. The elements of each are terrific!

Janelle said...

Thank you again, for my card, Kim! As I've said before, I love, love, love it! Also, love card #2 -- that fabric yo-yo flower and the way you masked off the text box. Oh, and the heart stitching at the bottom. Just terrific! I hope you don't mind, I posted your card on my blog today (along with the one I sent you) and linked to your blog, too.

Joan said...

This is gorgeous!