Midnight Quilt Mania

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year & a Mish Mash Challenge


Happy New Year! I just finished my card for Mish Wooderson's challenge right about midnight. The DD has been in bed for hours and the DH is sick so he went to bed early, leaving me to play with some of my new Papertrey stamps. :) Now that Christmas is behind me I can relax and unwind.

Mish Wooderson issued a sketch challenge tonight and I had to play along because I have new stamps I haven't used and I need some sketch challenges to get me to try different layouts. Plus, Mish is my favorite blogger. She never fails to inspire me. So, here is the sketch from Mish. You can also check out her blog here.



And here is my card. I had to use my new Simple Valentine and Turning a New Leaf sets. I love them! I think I will use this sketch some more this weekend to make a birthday card and a Christmas card. One of my stamping resolutions this year is to make one Christmas card per week and to build up my stash of Birthday cards. So, with Mish's help I plan to get started right away.


I hope you had a safe and Happy New Year's eve and have a wonderful 2010! I appreciate everyone who stops by to look, even if you don't leave a comment. Of course I love hearing your feedback too. :)


Supplies: Stamps: Simple Valentine, Turning a New Leaf. Cardstock: Sweet Blush, Vintage Cream, Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy. Ink: Sweet Blush, Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet. Accessories: Circle punches (EK Success & SU!), rhinestones (Kaiser Kraft), Vintage Cream grosgrain ribbon, vintage button, vintage twine, border punch (Fiskars), ScorTape (ScorPal), Glitter #162 - Just Peachy (Art Institute). All supplies by Papertrey Ink unless noted.





12 comments:

Kristen said...

Kim: Your card is SO CUTE! I hadn't thought of using the leaf set for Valentines--what a great idea!

Unknown said...

Oh beautiful...this is really creative!

Michelle Wooderson said...

I too love the leaves with the Valentines. I had thought that punched hearts would be cute with some leaves too. I've done that before for wedding and anniversary cards and will have to try it for Valentines cards too. Thanks for playing along Happy New Year. Mish

Karin said...

Crazy cute! Great valentine :)

Taheerah said...

I'm *loving* Simple Valentine and you've showcased it perfectly with this card, just beautiful!!

Ted said...

Love this card! Great color choices. :)

Diane Jaquay said...

Really CUTE!!

Lori said...

Beautiful card, and a great sketch, I will have to try it!! :)

Terri said...

Nice job on the sketch! Hope your new year is a great one!

Nerina said...

Love the blend of colours and patterns in here - it isn't too 'cutsey'! Lovely card!

Heidi said...

I love this card! You did such a nice job with the sketch. I'll have to check out Michelle's challenge too!

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE love love this card! It is so perfect for that sketch!