Midnight Quilt Mania

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Pa!


Yesterday was my Father-in-law's birthday and we all went out to our family favorite restaurant for dinner. We're a big bunch and we always have plenty of fun, conversation and good food! My FIL is a super guy. As sweet, generous and caring a person as you'll ever meet. I wanted to make him a really special card. My DH loved the card I made for him last year and said it would be hard to top. I don't know if I topped it but overall I like this way this turned out.

I LOVE my new Labels One die set from Nestabilities. I have most of the other standard shapes but this is the first labels set I bought. I waited a long time to get it but finally did and I'm really glad. I also figured out how to do the embossing on the dies. It wasn't hard, I just never took the time do it before. While the cardstock was still in the die I sponged on the ink for the grass and the sky. When the die was removed it left this really nice cream border. Also while the die was in place I stamped over the entire scened with my SU! Linen background stamp in Antique Linen to soften it up a little. The layer behind the center image was run through my Cuttlebug and then I used a new PTI background stamp to creat the background and pierced holes in the centers of all the little "x's" and around the Nestabilities frame. The piercing is kind of hard to see in the photo but irl it's a nice little extra.

Later this week I'll share a photo of the funny card I made him. It's a family tradition to give the birthday guy or gal really sarcastic cards so I went ahead and made one this year.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: Stamps: Ann-ticipations, Graphis Rubber Stamps, Linen background, PTI Retro backgrounds. Paper: PTI Kraft, Spring Moss, Dark Chocolate and Vintage Cream; SU! Old Olive. Ink: Ranger Walnut Stain, Antique Linen and Frayed Burlap; Adirondack Aqua, Stream, Denim, Lettuce, Meadow and Pesto. Accessories: Cuttlebug embossing, ribbon, button, Nestabilities, piercing, white gel pen.

1 comment:

Scrapping Julie said...

oh wow! what a beautiful card. your coloring is just awesome!