Midnight Quilt Mania

Monday, March 16, 2009

Golden Oldies

As I mentioned in my last post, this past Saturday was my FIL's birthday. Tradition in the family is to give out plenty of funny, sarcastic cards so I made one for him this year in addition to the nice one that I showed you in my last post. The card is very simple but fun. I used one of my Golden Oldies stamps from Art Impressions. If you haven't seen these, you should check them out here.
I really love their funny oldies stamps and have several. I don't use them often enough. My Dad is such a joker I've been meaning to make him a set of cards he can give to his buddies on their birthdays. I must do that. Anyway, for now here's my FIL's card. I paper pieced grandpa's shirt because I had this great plaid paper. For some details I added Diamond Glaze to the cake icing and Grandma has some purty blue eyeshadow highlighted with my Spica glitter pen and sparkly gold frames for her glasses. Inside the card reads "I'm not surprised, they say the sense of humor is the first thing to go!"

Supplies: Stamps: Art Impressions. Paper: Blue Bayou, Certainly Celery, White, Taken with Teal. Ink: Palette Noir. Accessories: Copic markers, Diamond Glaze, Spica glitter pens, ribbon, corner round punch.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: