Midnight Quilt Mania

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Blog Hop Treats


Welcome to the Papertrey May Blog Hop! Thanks so much for stopping by my humble little blog. Sorry I've been MIA in blog world lately. There's been so much to do in the garden and I've been devoting some time to making a quilt for my daughter's first "big girl" bed. Since I am having such a good time sewing right now I decided to sew a pillow cover and decorate it with felt for the challenge. Here is the challenge that was issued:

This month's blog hop is all about fabulous felt! We know you love this new addition to our product line-up and we would love to see what you are doing with it! From borders to focal points, paper crafts to sewing projects. Hair accessories to home decor accents. Cards to scrapbook layouts. We want to see it all!

Here is my contribution:


I hope you love it. I had a great time creating it! :) I stitched the pillow cover out of an repurposed table cloth that doesn't fit our new dining room table. The stems and leaves of the flowers were cut from fabric and fused onto the pillow top. Then I used Raspberry Fizz and Vintage Cream felt and buttons to create the flowers. The new cloud die made a wonderful addition. I tacked down the clouds with some fabric glue and then did a simple running stitch for a nice handmade look. Finally I added a butterfly out of Vintage Cream and Hawaiian Shores felt with some half pearls for a little bling. Enjoy your hop and thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I love reading each and every one!

39 comments:

Jamie said...

super cute and original!!

Bonita Rose said...

Oh I love your pillow.. it's so happy! Perfection right there!

Anonymous said...

That's so adorable!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!

Diane Jaquay said...

Really BEAUTIFUL!!!

Rhonda said...

I really like the scene you created.

pattylt said...

Great use of the felt! Love your little scene on the pillow and it turned out fantastic. Great job!

Nerina said...

This is soooooo cute! I love the colours - she must be thrilled with all of her new goodies!

Sue Lelli said...

I REALLY love this pillow!

Samantha said...

Oh my goodness - this pillow is just adorable!

Dr. Ivy said...

What a wonderful project.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Stinking ADORABLE!!!!

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Mariah said...

Love your project! It is so adorable!

Tanya said...

This is sooo cute!!!!

Sue Plote said...

What a great project! Awesome!

Banu said...

Very very pretty and sooo neat.

Terri said...

Very cute!

Kelly S. said...

Oh that is WAY cool...and WHO wouldn't want a krafty and crafty pillow!!!

Laurie said...

What an adorable pillow! I love it!

Amy Kolling said...

Seriously? A pillow!!! This is super cute!! What a fun little scene you created!

Jen Carter said...

How cute is that!! Love what you did here!

peggysue said...

I am sure your daughter is going to love her sweet little pillow, how nice! So cheerful!

Sara said...

What a fun project! Love the clouds above the flowers. Such a creative idea. THank you

Marge said...

Creative & cute!!!

Babies-Beth said...

Oh my, this is just the best! I love the background fabric, and I love that it is recycled! It's so cute and clever!

Cammie said...

What a wonderful boutique item! I love would love to have this pillow! Thanks for the inspiration!

BethieJ said...

SO CUTE!! I love the pillow!
Have a GREAT day!

Elizabeth S. said...

Love your pillow! Such a great original idea!

Chris Simon said...

Very very cute! And yet another project that I must add to my ever-growing list. Thanks for sharing!

Linda said...

Great project! And what a fabulous way to "repurpose" that table cloth. Now get out those felted sweaters and make some complimentary pillows with that wonderful background fabric!

Barbara said...

What an adorable project! And a great idea!

Victoria said...

Your work is amazing! I love your pillow!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Just love your pillow! How refreshing to see something different and so pretty!

jen said...

What a fantastic project!!! Everything looks so great together- that tablecloth made the perfect 'canvas'!! :)
I also took a look around while I was here- great cards & that Heather Bailey fabric table-top is amazing!!!

Katie said...

Oh wow! You must have spent quite a bit of time on this. I love it!

Janelle said...

Very adorable pillow, Kim! Great idea to repurpose a tablecloth. Why do I never think to do things like that?

Becky Carafa said...

Wow, this is amazing!

Kim Wilson said...

This is so adorable :)I hope you can play along soon in my challenges!

Nancy L. said...

so cute and brilliant!