Midnight Quilt Mania

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Time to Deck the Halls!


I have another Christmas card to share tonight. In contrast to my last post, this card has a much more rustic feel.



I kept the embellishments light so it would not be too lumpy and require extra postage. Instead of using buttons with the ornament toppers I used the lovely ornament (or bell) from Communique Curves and it fits beautifully! Instead of a big bow I just cinched up the ribbon with a little rustic twine. I will definitely be using that trick again. And I LOVE Dawn McVey's Signature Christmas sentiments!

I am very excited for Christmas this year. Having a 2 and 1/2 year old has definitely restored some of the wonder of Christmas. I need to start cranking out the Christmas cards and I'm starting my candy making this weekend. Maybe I will share some of my favorite candy recipes. If that interests you let me know.

Thanks for stopping by!
Kim


Stamps: Holiday Button Bits, Communique Curves, Signature Christmas. Ink: Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Plum Pudding, Dark Chocolate, Vintage Tea Dye Duo. Cardstock: Rustic White, Ripe Avocado, Wassail dp (Basic Grey). Accessories: Ripe Avocado double-stitch ribbon, rustic twine. All supplies are by Papertrey Ink unless otherwise noted.

6 comments:

Ingrid said...

This card is simply gorgeous.

Ted said...

Kim, I love everything rustic and this card doesn't disappoint. I especially like the use of purple or lavender for a couple of the ornaments... it really sets off the card. :) Nice job!

Diane Jaquay said...

How pretty!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Love your card and how you kept it simply. Yes, share some of your candy recipes.

Barb said...

Love it! :-)

*LittleMissT* said...

I love the colours used for this - even though they're not dark colours they convey a very warm fuzzy feeling! Great card!