Midnight Quilt Mania

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving! I know it's a holiday because I woke up at 6:15 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. If this was a work day I would have pulled my down comforter back up around my ears and gone right back to sleep. LOL!

I've already popped the Sweet Potato Casserole in the oven and I think we're all set to go to my Mom's later this morning. My DH and I did all of our baking last night. We're taking deviled eggs, the casserole, 7-layer cookie bars and a "mystery" pecan pie. The mystery is that under the top layer of pecans there is a cheesecake like middle. Mmmmmm!

No new card creations today but I will share with you some cards I made a while back using the 3D stamping technique I first saw on SCS. You stamp an image in white craft ink (in my case I used Versa Magic Cloud White because I don't have craft). Then you ink up the same image again in an ink to match your cardstock and using a stamp positioner just slightly move your second image off center and stamp. It leaves a nice embossed look.

I hope you all have a safe and happy Thanksgiving!


(Stamps: SU!, Fred Mullett and Cloud 9 Designs; Ink Chestnut Roan VersaMagic and Cloud White and Distress ink Anticque Linen)

(Stamps: Art Impressions, Paper Trey Ink; Ink:- Versamagic Cloud White and Chalk Ink Amber Clay; Encore Gold and Gold EP. Faux stitching with a white gel pen)

No comments: